Top 5 Places to Eat in Longreach
As the evening meal prayer goes in some households – “two, four, six, eight – first in helps his mate”! Longreach isn’t short on choice and has plenty to offer! From Steakhouses, Curry Houses, Chinese, pubs, pizza, bakeries – whatever your preference, you won’t miss out on any meal of the day.
- Harry’s Restaurant - Harry’s Restaurant and Bar is named after local Legend, Harry Redford, also known as Captain Starlight offers a top shelf contemporary Australian menu that is sure to please. Their dishes are created using fresh, seasonal produce and can be expertly matched with wine from Harry’s Bar. With a wide and appealing menu selection, generous servings and friendly staff, this restaurant will be hard to beat.
- Merino Bakery - If you’re looking for a coffee and pastry fix then look no further than this old style country bakery that offers great coffee, sandwiches made fresh to order, cakes, pastries and of course the good ol’ meat pie! I hear the Ned Kelly is a must try!
- CCD Restaurant & Beer Garden – Tapas in the Bush??? Crikey mate! You can’t go wrong with the selection on their mains, grill, tapas/share plate’s menus (there is a kids menu available a well). Pork belly, scotch fillet, barramundi, tacos, sides and of course desserts. Not only does the food taste great, it’s as pretty as a picture (for those important #greatfood #delish #getinmybelly insta photos) so stop by for either lunch or dinner!
- The Birdcage Hotel – Is there anything better than pub grub? The Birdcage Hotel offers great food and cold beer – what more could you want? The servings are generous and great value for money and is also child friendly. Whether you’re after a steak, burger, pizza or a chicken kiev you’re sure to find something to for the whole family.
- The Woolshed Restaurant - This gem forms part of the Longreach Tourist park, and a fabulous way to spend your evenings whether you’re a guest of the park or not! Wander over, sit yourself on the deck, order a cold drink and watch the sunset. Service is quick and meals are super generous (apparently the Carbonara is the bomb). They even have local entertainment if you’re keen for a singalong and you may even get a visit from the resident local wildlife!
So my hungry friends, dust off your walking shoes, you’re bound to find something that tickles your fancy and wets your whistle.
Click here are some other amazing places to check out in Outback Queensland.